It’s a simple fact of life that we all make mistakes sometimes. And unfortunately, sometimes it’s a little bigger than choosing the slowest line in the supermarket. When you make those mistakes at work, there can be some pretty big consequences. So how do you keep a failure from becoming a disaster—or even turn it into a triumph? The eLearning Guild’s new eBook, 76 Tips for Turning Instructional Design Challenges into Successes, can help.
Advice from those who know
Handling a mistake well can help you not merely salvage the project, but strengthen your relationship with your customers and stakeholders and improve your project’s end results. In the free eBook 76 Tips for Turning Instructional Design Challenges into Successes, 12 of today’s brightest learning professionals share their hard-earned wisdom in areas including:
- Avoiding and Resolving Issues Through Effective Communication. Keeping the lines of communication open and well-used can solve—and prevent—a host of problems. The experts offer 15 tips in the area.
- Managing Project Scope and Expectations. We want our customers and stakeholders to be happy … which by the end of the project may require something entirely different than originally agreed upon. These 10 tips should help you keep things under control.
- Planning. It’s like the foundation of a house … if it’s not done carefully, there will be consequences later. The eBook offers five tips on proper planning.
- Designing, Developing, and Delivering for Success and Improvement. From start to roll-out, these 23 tips will help your project stay on-track.
- The People Factor. People and their idiosyncrasies might be the most unpredictable element in any project. The experts provide four tips to help you deal with the rest of your team.
- Identifying and Developing Resources. Without solid resources, your project won’t succeed. These six tips will help with locating and cultivating what your project needs.
- Addressing and Learning from Mistakes and Failures. Your idea failed. So now what? These 13 tips will help you find the silver lining.
For great suggestions on finding ways to succeed despite mistakes, download 76 Tips for Turning Instructional Design Challenges into Successes today.
Access more from The eLearning Guild
eBooks from The eLearning Guild are FREE for everyone, and Guild membership is not required to access them. With more than two dozen published titles, every Guild eBook is focused on one theme. Some are collections of tips we gather from the industry experts and experienced practitioners who speak at our online events, while others offer tips from Guild members around the world, or collections of articles from key industry leaders. In any case, you’ll find valuable information that you can immediately put to work in your organization.