[Press Release] Last year at DevLearn 2010, dominKnow Learning Systems announced the arrival of Claro, its Web-based collaborative eLearning and mLearning software. Today, at DevLearn 2011 in Las Vegas, twelve months, eight software release updates, and two industry awards later, Claro continues to set the standard for collaborative HTML5-compliant content creation. (Figure 1)
Figure 1. Claro supports mobile devices.
This latest release of Claro includes one-click publishing to SCORM Cloud, an expanded catalogue of HTML5-based templates, and a library of royalty-free characters to personalize and enrich the learning experience.
“One of the great advantages of Web-based software is the frequency and ease at which we can enhance our offering and make new features available to our users,” says dominKnow CEO Luke Hickey. “There’s no need to involve IT, download updates, or make additional purchases — simply sign-in and start creating.” (Figure 2)
Figure 2. Claro provides the ease and simplicity of Web-based software for authoring.
Building on their three-pronged philosophy — that an authoring tool has to be obvious to use, support collaborative development, and adhere to industry standards — dominKnow has seamlessly integrated Claro with SCORM Cloud to ensure as much flexibility as possible for content publishing.
The integration with SCORM Cloud leverages the support of the PENS standard to enable one click publishing extends Claro’s capabilities by giving authors a built-in distribution path. With SCORM Cloud, they now have the ability to publish, deliver and track content over the Web, invite learners directly to their courses, embed content into a blog or training site, and add content to single or multiple LMSs.
" When we began to work with the team at dominKnow, we were thrilled that they quickly saw the value of adopting PENS in their authoring tool,” says Mike Rustici, SCORM guru and owner of SCORM Cloud. “We see huge value in the PENS standard and the potential it has to simplify the process of publishing content — literally down to one click."
In addition to these latest features, Claro has several unique differentiators that set it apart from other content authoring packages, including:
- Safe and secure Web access. It doesn’t matter if the team is located in the same office or spread out over several time zones.
- Claro was designed to take full advantage of new and emerging capabilities of the modern browser — delivering a desktop performance over the Web while capitalizing on the advantages inherent in cloud-based computing.
- Anyone who knows how to use PowerPoint can quickly create HTML5-compliant content using Claro’s programming-free platform.
- Claro’s authoring environment includes advanced features such as wizard-based customizable testing, image editing, reuse of media elements and learning objects, hot-spot mapping, audio and video recording and editing, screen capture & screen video recording.
- Claro was designed from the ground up to take full advantage of the cloud, with several built-in features to help people work together, including working on the same project at the same time, the ability to share learning resources across all projects, and the ability to allow subject matter experts and other stakeholders (an unlimited number) to review and approve content on line.
- Claro creates HTML5-based content, so all of its authoring features can be used to create engaging and interactive courses for delivery online, offline, or to any smart phone or tablet device
- Claro adheres to SCORM, AICC, PENS and Section 508 standards — offering future-proof content compatibility.
Claro at DevLearn 2011
For more about SCORM Cloud, check out Mike Rustici’s presentation at DevLearn11 on November 2, from 3:00-3:30pm on The Cloud learning stage.
About dominKnow Inc.
For more than a decade, dominKnow Learning Systems has been creating eLearning and mLearning software for small teams and large organizations. dominKnow's flagship product, Claro, is a Web-based, collaborative authoring platform designed for creating, managing, and delivering high-impact learning.
Media contact information
Chris Van Wingerden
Vice President Learning Solutions, dominKnow Inc.
Phone: +1 613 264-0096