In early 2014, Origin Learning successfully launched its cloud-hosted social learning platform, Konnect. The following year, analytics capability was introduced in the platform. With this, the cloud-hosted solution made it possible to track, monitor, and categorize learner behavior in any environment. In March 2016, yet another layer of innovation was embedded into the platform, following the launch of the mobile app for Konnect. The device-agnostic solution supports a wide variety of course formats, including SCORM, AICC, and the xAPI (Tin Can). With the introduction of the mobile app, Konnect is now a complete SMAC (social, mobile, analytics, and cloud-computing) platform.
The increasing penetration of mobile devices and the “touch and swipe” interface of smartphone users have been considered in designing the mobile app. The mobile app of Konnect contextualizes the current language of social, making learning on the go possible in highly immersive and collaborative ways from any location. From a user experience perspective, the ease of use and access across multiple operating systems has made it a virtual, delightful form for learning.
On the latest success, Origin’s managing director and CEO Harikumar says, “We did not stop at building the platform. The latest innovative effort is a testimony to Origin’s quest to research and work on emerging and futuristic technologies with a clear vision to provide timely and relevant learning solutions. Our endeavor is to make learning fun and immersive.”
The mobile app comes with numerous built-in features making user experience intuitive and contemporary with a design to replicate social media settings, including Facebook, YouTube, and Flickr, among others. Konnect features include:
- The mobile app caters to both formal and informal content.
- Learning courses can also be accessed using the mobile app as long as the content is mobile friendly.
- Users can view all courses available in the LMS, register for classroom training, and receive notifications in the mobile app.
- An integrated calendar is available to show both learning and work schedules. It takes the scheduling feed from an existing internal app, ideally to encourage users to use the app on a daily basis.
- Through the social engine, an employee can ask a question or share an idea and get immediate responses from fellow employees.
- Sharing photos and videos from a mobile device seems to be a more natural behavior than sharing from a PC. A touch is all it takes for a user to share videos and images with colleagues or specific groups.
Harikumar continues, “Konnect’s ease of use, speed of access, seamless experience across varied modules and devices, and real-time analytics on learner persona and behavior remain the key drivers that have drawn Millennial learners to embrace the new age of social learning. Now, the mobile Konnect app, which works on Android and iOS, has added an interesting dimension to learning, making it accessible anywhere, at any time. Learning has become more inclusive and personalized. The Konnect team has been striving hard and working towards elevating our customer experience.”
Attendees at the FocusOn Learning Expo can stop by booth 307 for a demo on Origin Konnect.